At the Mind-Eye Institute, we solve problems many don’t associate with optometry. From Brain Injury to learning challenges, we bring world-class solutions to Olympic medal winners, university professors, athletes, entertainers, those on the autism-spectrum, and anyone who’s tried “everything else.” Our international clientele and recognized expertise, patented technology, and unique approaches have been featured in books. We’re transforming lives every week. Life is more enjoyable and accessible through our commitment to service. We offer an innovative, high-paced culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality. We are looking for an optometrist to join our team. Your efforts will maximize the doctor’s preparedness. You will be part of the gift of “miraculous” results achieved each week for patients from all over the world.
- Perform eye exams for patients on a daily basis
- Typically, will see between 25-35 patients a day.
- Check for evidence of disease, injury, or other problems impacting vision
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and eye diseases such as glaucoma
- Provide prescriptions for corrective lenses as needed
- Listen to and address patient’s questions and concerns
- Educate patients regarding their options
- Analyze results from all tests conducted and share results with patients
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses and medications when needed
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
- Provide pre and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery – such as examining patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Evaluate patients for presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed
- Utilize all necessary equipment properly, ensuring it is in good working order
- Coordinate with the rest of the staff as needed to meet patient’s’ needs
- Check prescription and fit of corrective contact lenses
- Record all tests, prescriptions, and treatments in patient chart
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
Skills we seek:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Licensed to practice in respective state
- 5-7 years experience in practice
- Open to unique science practices
- Warm, caring attitude
- Organization of time, work flow, paperwork
- Ability to learn, enjoy the challenge of discovering how people can be helped
- Management skills a plus
Salary based on experience.
Benefits partially paid.