A MESSAGE TO CURRENT MIND-EYE PATIENTS
We are aware that stay-at-home orders and travel restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic are making it difficult for current patients to travel to the Mind-Eye office for needed follow-up examination and care. That’s why the Mind-Eye Institute now has launched a telehealth service that will enable existing patients to interact with one of our optometrists by mobile phone, computer or iPad.
To take advantage of our telehealth program:
- Call our office at 847-501-2020 to schedule a telehealth appointment.
- Arrange your appointment at a time when a family member is present to assist you.
- Download the Zoom app to your phone or computer. The app is free and is the vehicle through which you and the Mind-Eye doctors will have visual contact.
- Download a free flashlight or torch app from your App Store or Google Play, if you do not already have such an app.
What We Can Do to Help Build a Better Brain
Using the electronic Zoom technology, our optometrists can assess some visual skills and provide necessary next steps to ensure your ongoing visual skill-building. Specifically, Mind-Eye optometrists will:
- Perform a cursory external examination and assess some visual skills, including visual perception, visualization, eye movement, as well as pupil testing using your flashlight app.
- Ask a family member to assist in evaluating your spatial localization abilities with and without eyeglasses.
- Provide you with a symptom checklist — whether you are recovering from a brain injury or working to enhance learning and perceptual
- Discuss any symptoms you are experiencing.
- If you have filters or continue to require them, determine whether any changes in the positioning of your lens filters can help alleviate symptoms.
- Review the progress of your ongoing treatment plan and decide on any changes that can be done
During this pandemic, our telehealth program is intended only as a stopgap measure for keeping your progress on track. Telehealth assessments can NOT evaluate changes in your internal eye health and can NOT check eye pressure. That’s why we encourage you to arrange an in-office visit and examination as soon as possible once the public health crisis has ended.
Until then, please stay safe – and healthy!
The Mind-Eye Institute Team
Take The 60 Second MindEye Brain Quiz
Mind-Eye Featured in the News Media
Newspapers and television stations throughout the country have been reporting on the work of the Mind-Eye Institute. Read the articles below to learn more about what the Mind-Eye Institute is doing to pioneer change in how optometric evaluations are performed in the 21st Century.
During Business Hours:
Northbrook Clinic Address
1414 Techny Rd,
Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
St Charles Clinic Address
2435 Dean Suite C
St Charles, IL 60175, USA